3D Printed Parts (For those without a 3D Printer)

don’t know whether this tools need to be so durable that an injection mould would be required … I like the idea thou … the initial design idea of @wcs39204 is a great start … as an alteration a pointer (like in a clock), which is fixed on the top part will be always vertical due to gravity and when this meets the opposite point in the lower part we know it must be 12pm! keeps it more simple, even as Bubble Spirit Level Vials are not accurate enough!

that’s the idea, do a sanity check to make sure I’m not mis-remembering the 20mm
figure.

David Lang

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I think you’re right, 20mm per sprocket, you’d subtract 40mm from the total measurement, if measuring from edge to edge, right?

Yep, from right outer edge of motor to left outer edge of motor …

Hi,

did you had to raise the linkage kit? I have been told to raise the linkage kit because the center of weight of the ridgid would be higher than “the other routers”?!

cheers

I changed the angle of my frame to be about 10 degrees from 15 degrees and moved the XY motors back a bit. Not perfect, but it works good enough for me. If you want to raise the linkage, make sure you get the smaller gantry plate. My MetalMaslow came with the larger gantry plate and it limits how low the router can go as the lower linkage standoff is in the way.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I have the same sled setup like you. For the Z-Axis version with the bigger gantry plate they would had needed to deliver a different sled with adapted linkage arms. I am not really happy with the linkage blocking z-axis movement.

Unluckily i cant change the angle easily because i have a metal-frame. I will update here and tell how this works out for me or not.

FWIW, I believe this is the smaller gantry plate that will fit between the linkage standoffs Small Gantry Plate.

I haven’t personally tried it as I ordered the hopefully soon to ship new metal sled from @Metalmaslow that allows the use of the ring.

the small gantry plate is not strong enough to support the ridged router, that is why we had some custom made that are longer.

I changed my frame angle by 5 degrees by adding a 2x4 under the front feet of the frame.