Ludo board game

My son wanted to create a Ludo board for his nana as an easter present this year. All the grand children have grown up playing on a board she brought back from austria, now this board will carry on the tradition. He also 3d printed the playing peices at his high school :blush:

Only thing left now is clear coat will post update pic when done :wink:

8 Likes

That looks very much like an old German classic: “Mensch Ärger Dich Nicht” (Man, don’t get mad).
Very good job on the build.
I have a few games on my list, maybe I start a game section when I have a few done.

2 Likes

@Superbender , the game thread sounds awesome. I make “Dirty Marbles” boards and am interested in making a decent variety.

There is a side for 2-4 players and a side for 5 or 6.
@Jetstar , that is very nice! What is it filled with that gets sanded off? Also, I admire your sled. You should feature it here:

Thank you @Superbender @TheMerryYeoman :blush:. I like the idea of a games thread would be awesome to see other designs to try. After a quick google search you are spot on this game is called mensch arger dich nicht. We have always known it as ludo though :wink: we used a polyester resin that hardens over 24hrs and sands off filling all the carved bits. Very effective :blush: thanks @TheMerryYeoman for showing some sled appreciation. I will get some better pics and definitly share to the thread you linked. Also your marble game looks super tidy and symmetrical very nice :+1::+1:

1 Like

Update picture. Completed pieces and storage box. Box wasn’t made on maslow due to time constraints and work.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic :blush:!