Project of the Month for Late August / Early September, 2019

Nominations are open for Project of the “Week” (PotW) and Community Gardener (CG) awards. You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed.

The winning users will receive a “Project of the Week” or “Community Gardener” badge, and tungsten carbide goodness from our friends @MakerMadeCNC.

The approximate schedule is: nominations open right after the previous poll posts, nominations close, voting Sunday through Wednesday, polls close automatically on Wednesday. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, other sources, and of course the Community Garden website to appear in a poll. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project (old or new) made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool.

What makes a Community Gardener? It can be anyone who creates or contributes to a project on the Community Garden website (http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/). By posting to the CG, you make the project available to the community and you create the opportunity for other users to improve on your design. Vote however you like, but I hope to encourage collaborative projects.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW/CG successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW/CG and volunteers to help run the thread are always welcome.

2 Likes

Let’s get this party started with a nomination:

1 Like

Here’s another:

2 Likes

And one more:

1 Like

A smaller field this time, but it’s time for a poll!

Project of the Week

• Snapperhead’s Dragon Plaque
  • sweetmeets’s Rocking Chair
  • rossboss’s Bull Vibration V-Carve Test

0 voters

rossboss’s Bull Vibration V-Carve Test

sweetmeets’s Rocking Chair

Snapperhead’s Dragon Plaque

1 Like