Unable to execute command, machine settings not yet received

Any idea what this means and how to resolve it?

Welcome @TITTIGER_MASLOWCNC

A few questions:

Where did you see that?

What Operating System do you use?

What version of Firmware and Groundcontrol are you running?

What where you trying to do?

The more you can tell the bigger the chance you get answers you can actually use.

Good to see that you already got that far.

I’m happy to hear that you saw that error. I remember when we added the warning, but I hadn’t actually seen the message come up during use before.

What the message means is that the machine has received a command to move before it has been told what it’s dimensions are. Because it doesn’t know how big it is it can’t accurately compute it’s position so it can’t move in an intelligent way.

Do you see that error message every time you send a command, or was it a one off thing?

2 Likes

The machine settings are sent when the usb connection from GC is first established. Answering the above questions should help us understand why the arduino is not receiving those commands.

1 Like

Where did you see that?

What Operating System do you use?
Windows 7 32bit

What version of Firmware and Groundcontrol are you running?
Latest v.99

What where you trying to do?
Calibrating the machine dimensions. When we click any button to move the sprockets 1 degree, we get the error.

1 Like

We are trying to calibrate the machine dimensions when we get this error.

1 Like

B09 isn’t listed as a safe command, have we always used this in calibration? Should be an easy fix.

1 Like

I think B09 is primarily for calibration motor control.

1 Like

I will add B09 to the list of safe commands which should fix the issue, but I don’t know why you are seeing it while others are not.

Could it be because this is a very first time calibrating?

Ugh, sorry I am wrong. I jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly last night. I wondered why this was popping up now, given how long it has been since I added the safecommands.

Even if a user has not yet configured their setup. GC should still be sending the the “default” machine settings on startup. This would get us past the safecommands state and would allow B09 to work.

So @TITTIGER_MASLOWCNC can you zip up and PM me your log.txt file that is in your Ground Control folder? One hack you can try that may allow you to get around this problem, is to:

1. load up a gcode file in GC
  2. Close GC
  3. Open GC

And at this point you may be able to run a calibration successfully.

I think we have an issue where GC is sending the machine settings and the firmware isn’t receiving them. It may be because we assume that the firmware is ready immediately on usb connection, and I am not sure that is the case.

4 Likes

@krkeegan Can I get your email? I can’t upload as it says “New Members Can’t Upload Files”

Also - I tried your work around and it still gives me the same error when I go to calibration

Version 1.0 (released today) has a fix that might affect this, are you seeing the same behavior with version 1.0?