Call for beta testers: Chain stretch compensation improvement

Hi everyone,
It is great to see beta testers looking for oppoprtunities to contribute :-:tada:

There are actually two (2) opportunities!

This Topic is for a careful incremental improvement to the Official MaslowCNC Firmware.
It is important because each change has to be small and robust in order to protect the community against deceiving bugs and regressions. After all, we want everyone to enjoy a bettter masowCNC experience.

Above, I gave **instructions to try it out and I refer to use the standard GC for the basic test, then I propose an extended check by using the GC prepared for HoleyCalibration just to run an optimiser part of it and let people foresee the chain tolerance optimisation, which gave good result for me in that sequence.

And as @Joshua pointed out, there also is another topic for beta test of the advanced Holey Calibration prototype currently in test as well. This is the compass direction for more improvements. But it contains many changes and is more risky to have regressions just because it is more complex. That said, some people reported about it and it works! But we must not bring this straight to the official release: we have to protect the Maslownian community where users of a wide range of experience level are present.

Now you can help both. But please be careful to report the proper results to the proper Forum Topic!!!

1 Like