Currently Unrecognized G-Codes

What post processor where you using, GRBL or the Maslow specific one? I was able to compare the two of them back when the Maslow post was first released. The codes you’re referencing look like the ones that come from the GRBL post, not the Maslow one. Then again, things could have changed since I last looked at it.

It seems like everyone else already covered G94 and G17 pretty well. I agree with the points made, those two settings are the only ones we’d really be concerned with for the Maslow.

I feel like I haven’t used the G28 code very often in production work. Maybe I’m missing something here, but I usually would use a G0 command instead if I was programming manually.

I would like to see the coolant command implemented at some point. After doing some aluminum cutting, it would be very nice to have a mister at the tool connected to one of the aux pins to control on/off. We might even be able to set it so high signal at the pin would be mist and low would be flood. Of course, for me to even be able to use these functions with my machine I would have to dig the pile of steel out from in front of it and make my new sled >.>

That is right. G54 work offsets are shown pretty well in this video:

I’ve used it before in production on VMC’s. When I did it, there were 4 vices on the table, each with a part in them. I just set the G54-G57 work offsets for each vice, then ran the program. Really helps with cycle times, as you can reduce the number of tool changes you need to make for several parts.

I agree with David here. While, on the most part, we would be cutting a single pattern out on a sheet of plywood, the work offsets would certainly be useful for fixture work. I could also imagine that I would use a couple different origins during normal operation.