Project of the Week / Community Gardener for May 30, 2018

Sorry for posting my nomination in the wrong thread!

I nominate the “Don’t be on fire” sign from @KingOfScolboa

7 Likes

I vote for
“Don’t be on fire” !

Thank you

4 Likes

Hands down Do NOT be on Fire is the best project this week.

1 Like

Don’t be on fire

Besides a great potw it’s good life advice

I nominate the Cloud Shelf Cloud shelf MakerCAM by @Ambrose_Coulliette

2 Likes

I nominate the mini thickness sander by @Lloydinz

3 Likes

I nominate the sharpie pen holder. This was originally designed by @krkeegan. I spoke with him and he approved it to be shared. I tweaked his design a tiny bit and created it on onshape. I have uploaded the link to the file, all svg files and guide to the garden. Sharpie Pen Holder by krkeegan

2 Likes

Folks, with a busy holiday weekend, then back to work, I won’t be able to post a poll until this evening. It will be a quick turnaround to allow bar and hannah to feature the results in the newsletter. So watch this space!

@bar, when roughly do you need the polls closed to go to press?

3 Likes

We’re not in a rush, some time before 5pm west coast time would be awesome, but we can make it work any time.

We can also make it happen if you want to take a week off. The whole community appreciates you spearheading the charge on the project of the week, but it doesn’t need to be a commitment to get it done every single week. If you need a week off let us know and we’ll take care of it!

3 Likes

Nah, I’m good here. Just want to give the community time to vote. Thanks!

2 Likes

At last, here’s this week’s poll. Vote soon, it’ll only be up for ~24 hours. As usual, there are two polls so scroll down!

Community Gardener

• Sharpie Pen Holder by krkeegan
  • Victorian Architectural Details Repository
  • Router Bungie Cap

0 voters

Router Bungie Cap

Victorian Architectural Details Repository

Sharpie Pen Holder by krkeegan

Project of the Week

• KingOfScolboa’s Do Not Be On Fire Sign
  • Ambrose_Coulliette’s Cloud Shelf
  • Lloydinz’s Mini Thickness Planer

0 voters

Lloydinz’s Mini Thickness Planer

Ambrose_Coulliette’s Cloud Shelf

KingOfScolboa’s Do Not Be On Fire Sign

2 Likes

The Victorian repository is a bit of a placeholder, it’s not much more than photos now, but I’m planning on making it more useful. Hold off on voting it in until I, or someone else, steps up to the plate and puts in some effort?

2 Likes

I think its an awesome idea as is, but I vote that something should be eligible again when there are big changes or updates to it

1 Like

I think that it should only be projects that are done within that week. This way people have a chance to win on a week to week basis, and it motivates people to keep building and posting.

2 Likes

How about ‘done or updated’? Don’t want to discourage improvements or collaboration…

3 Likes

I agree…123456789

1 Like

My strategy has been to rely on community nominations for PotW, which usually works. Since those nominations are generally new projects, that works. I’ve only had one or two weeks where I didn’t get any or enough nominations for a poll, in which case I use a random selector to pick some past nominees for the poll.

For Community Gardener, we often don’t have three new projects added, so I have been doing a random selection. Of all the projects in the garden, about half have never been featured in a poll, so I want the routine to tend to pick those up. I have modified my routine to favor newer projects, including “old” projects that haven’t had a shot at the title.

3 Likes

Polls closed! Using the Maslow as a tool to create more tools was a common theme this week. In the Community Garden, @Sharpsburg_Woodworke and @krkeegan earn the prize for the Sharpie Pen Holder (which is one of the first things we’re going to cut when our kit is built). @Lloydinz wins Project of the Week with his Mini Thickness Planer.

1 Like

I like what your doing @jwolter. Appreciate the constant work week in and week out.

7 Likes

WOW, cool stuff.
Thanks for that.

Happy cutting.