EstlCAM and the issue with the contour

Hi EstlCAM Users,

just tried out a design and wondered if there is a way to tell the Software better what contour to take.

This is the contour

I want to cut these parts lower

and the rest i wanna just cutout.
EstlCAM just wont let me do this, it always select the whole contour

best
-Kompass
Is there a way to get this done?

I’m relatively new EstlCAM however, I recall in the tutorial videos on YouTube there are various ways of modifying and manually performing selections. My advice would be to review those vidoes. My sense is that it is possible based on what I took away from those vidoes.

I have run into similar problem with Fusion360 where it would not select contours like this because of the rounded corners. The easiest way I dealt with it was to just create additional paths or objects specifically for the first pass (red).

Ok I have the solution!!

If you choose the manual contour “program” and you go with the pointer over the contour the contour gets green… then all you have to do is just do a right click and the green contour-suggestion is chosen!

Works perfect!

Another question:
Is there any chance to change the “repositioning” to the saftey height (for me 5mm) between going one step deeper? Without doing it manually in the gcode?

For example:
When i do cutout like this
grafik
Its 10mm deep, and the first layer is cut with 3mm.
After the first layer the program sends the z-axis back to 5 to go then to -6mm…this costs time and is not really necessary. It would be better to just go one mm up and then down again.

Start +5mm
First Layer -3mm
back to -2mm
then second layer -6mm

best
-Kompass