Firmware wishlist

Ok, so let me get this straight. I have no knowledge of the original design intent. There is no way for me to get that information because it no longer exists or possibly never did. The clues in the code are obscured by past wrong turns that have been partially left in. Critical geometry heavy sections with no reference drawing use such descriptive variable names as Phi. But don’t worry, there is similar code in GC which uses a different language which I do not write. I don’t even have a working maslow yet. The one I am building is completely different than the instructions.

I should write stock documentation?

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. That could change if those that still hold the missing knowledge between their ears wrote some more of it down. Recreating that drawing with current variable names would go a long way toward making it easier to contribute documentation .

Re: 64:1 planetary gearboxes. I understand the reason for worm drive, but these are battle bot units with tacky red grease. I think they’ll do. And if not, that is a useful data point. I was unable to backdrive them by hand with 8" wheels attached for leverage. And I am the heavyweight pickle jar opening champion of the northern kitchen region.