How deep should I cut each pass

Ok fellow Maslovians I’m thoroughly confused. Nobody take this personally because it is not aimed at anyone personally. I see a lot of comments about engagement of two flute bits, particularly that they don’t work properly unless most of the bit is engaged. But then, I read Bar’s post: 2 Flute Compression Bit Feeds & Speeds which indicates that they are designed to engage both up and down flutes at 1/8 inch @ 40ipm, my reading also leads me to understand that the ridgid runs too fast so the lowest setting (10K) is recommended. I have been looking at everything I can get my grubby keyboard fingers on across the interweb and have not found any concrete information to contradict this.

In my own stumbling around (tired of waiting forever on the Maslow to cut) I started using .18" @20ipm with tabs of .18. The local plywood (other than expensive birtch) is 23/32 so this allows me to use 4 passes and shaves off some serious time. However, I found at lower speeds the noise is horrendous so I ran at higher speeds which cooks bits, as I unceremoniously found out the hard way.

I even toyed with the idea of dragging the information I could verify from multiple sources into the wiki, as there is a wiki for speeds and feeds but nothing in it. https://github.com/MaslowCNC/Mechanics/wiki/S&F---Speed-and-Feeds

It would be great to get this sorted and some kind of standardized agreement on basics that would help everyone. I’m willing to help however I can if anyone else is also interested in pursuing this.