Testing my new c-beam z-axis I put 2 commands on the marco buttons.
makro 1: G0 Z10 F800 makro2: G0 Z0 F100
Both commands take 3 seconds to move the 10mm
Yes, I have a pitch of 10mm now
Edit: GC/FW 1.25
Edit 2: F1 makes also no difference, so feedrates for Z are entirely ignored or not implemented?
Edit 3: Found part of the answer here:
Edit4: Further digging showed that F is ignored for G0 (max is used) but works for G1.
Remaining is to figure out how to adjust the speed to match feedrates in g-code.
Full success! (Disclaimer: This are the setting for my particular c-beam! Unless you have the exact same hardware, do nut use this settings!)
Changing the $18 to 20 instantly gave me the expected results. With a possible travel of 72mm I’ve chosen 60mm travel for testing to stay away from the ends. F60 takes 1 minute for 60mm, F120 30 seconds.
Above it seems not quite linear because to get to 20 seconds I need to use F188 instead of F180 (21.5 sec).
The error is small enough to ignore. With $18=20 and a pitch of 10mm the max speed the standard z-motor will move my Z is 180mm/min = 3mm/sec (translating to F188 in g-code).
For those wondering how I got a pitch (actually lead) of 10mm:
The c-beam has a lead of 8mm (2 mm pitch x quadruple thread = 8mm). I’ve ordered a bunch of ‘Teeth Timing Pulleys’ and belts in different sizes. Although I did order a idler pulley to tension the belt, playing around with pulley sizes, I ended up not needing it. The result was 25 teeth on the z-motor and 20 teeth on the c-beam side. This seems to have given me the extra 2mm to end up with exact 10mm travel per rotation of the z-motor. The full travel is accurate to the 10th of a mm measured with a caliper and the speed matches the g-code close enough. Could not be happier. Time to build a sled for this thing.
My Christmas crib this year