...And the Travelling Salesman arrives at GCodeClean v1.3.0

Reviving the Review

From this post GCodeClean hits v1.0.1 :tada: - and repeated just two months ago.

Housekeeping

• File pre-scan - even less of a priority

New Features

• Inject blank lines before significant actions - Also low priority.
  • File splitting - Done! :tada:.
  • More support for other GCode syntaxes - A BIG piece of work this one, parked for now, but I still think this is well worth it - first focus would be the RepRap syntax for 3D printers…
  • Unit conversion - Change from inches to millimeters - on the back - back burner
  • Path optimisation - DONE! :tada::tada: - WHAT A MONSTER
  • Path inversion - swap the start and end of a cut - super interesting problem, but parked for now.

New New Features

• GCodeClean is now a single executable. The zip file it comes in also includes two pdb files, if you really wanna try debugging the thing sometime (or you can just delete them), and the tokenDefinitions.json file, which you really really need - especially if you wanna use --annotate. So yeah, 2 files total, that’s it.

Pain Points

• #1 is definitely the issue that lots of Windows (or Mac) based users have never used command line / terminal based software before. I’m still gonna look at adding a UI. But that’s now priority #2 I think

Next Priority

• Porting the main library to TypeScript, then maybe it can be included with the new Maslow 4 code.
2 Likes