Bar's bolt together frame

Just finished the build and it went pretty smooth. Here are some problems and solutions I had. The screws are many and sometimes difficult to figure out. A few extra pictures or a picture of what will be used next can help eliminate the confusion. The chain layout threw me off. Just need a little more clarity or more pictures. I also would like to think of a better way to create that tension. A weight and pulley might work for an even tension throughout the routers travel. The chain tension on calibration doesn’t do small increments. Securing the wires is a must to break the tension from the connectors on the motors and the control board. I used wire staples.

I used my pocket hole drill bit to counter sink all the holes on the front about 3/4 of the way through. I don’t think I will plunge this deep.

Lastly, the sled is still a problem. I think we should offer a sled template in the kit and offer a printable template with drill holes laid out for the router, and markings for the ring and the brick placement.

Here we are completedwith the first cut.

Also, the handles have to be removed. There is a plug that will not come out unless you drill it. I used a small bit to mark center and then a large bit to drill it out. I didn’t have an Allen wrench big enough for the bolts so I used a flat head screw driver. They are in really tight.

11 Likes