Best place for Variable frequency Drive Box for spindle

Thanks, I come from a manufacturing background mostly in metal and lots of cnc gear

Here is a good link that explains the differences well

The only other point is cost
While a router may seem a lower cost option I dont think it is really

Lets say you start with a bosch pof 1200 ae router. I will use Aussie prices here

You to spend around $150 for the router and another $100-150 modifying it to use the z axis. So lets say $300 for the router

For a spindle you will spend $110 on the spindle (with bracket and vsd) and another $80 for the z axis slide. You will need to to remove the stepper from the slide and add your z axis motor. So lets add $20 for that.

The router works out at $300 and the spindle at $210
So the spindle is actually a lower cost
It also has more precision, lower wear, greater power under various speeds

Ive compared the pof 1200 (1.2kw input power) and a 0.5kw spindle here as they are roughly comparable.

Make your own conclusions but for me I think the router path is a false economy for lesser results.

Here is a link to some videos on the new table.
They were taken in the factory during testing. The table is currently in a container “somewhere at sea”, I expect delivery in the next moth or so.
It has been custom built with both plasma and router heads (dual cnc controllers). The spoil-board will fit over the water table.

As for the maslow, it will sit proudly next to the table. Both will be well used and I detailed the reasons behind that here

1 Like