"Coding frame" in office

Scrolling past this again gave me the thought to get your take on the thread I was pulling re: allowing for the arms to no longer need to rotate/have the belts trace a vector that passes through the center of the bit on the router, here: Thoughts on the next iteration of the Maslow 4 - #67 by Carson_Barry

When I noticed you mention that python is already being used in the project, I figured it would be worth getting another opinion. I’m too tied down to get acquainted with the repo and explore this much deeper than I already have, plus I’d have to spend some time “skilling up” to be able to do anything with the idea.

When I get done re-organizing my space, I plan on starting to actually cut/print what I would need to modify the sled/assembly so I can test the concept. First by taking the existing arms and putting them as-is on a ring-rail that wraps around the Z-carriage (examples also in the linked thread, just a short scroll up), so the only part I have to reprint to make the “router hole” bigger and enable hotswapping even the default Dewalt are the clamps.

2 Likes