Even larger work area?

Is there any possibility to work with larger projects than specified in the technical details?

1 Like

@Henrik

Welcome to our group.

The Maslow is an open source project so you are free to modify it anyway you wish. Yes it can do larger dimensions but may require you to add chain or other parts to deal with the extra distance needed.

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for the fast and good reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually am I going to build bee hives with Maslow so I like your nick name :wink:

5 Likes

Your welcome my friend. Where are you located? I’m near Los Angeles. I’m very interested in getting into that too. There is a joke around here about me recommending bees wax. It’s old school in wood working and I do recommend it. However I am considering starting to produce it for Woodwork. I have had requests for food grade. I have experience in working with brewing beer so i could produce food grade easily. I would still mark it for woodwork but if you eat it it wouldn’t hurt you.

Thank you

1 Like

Knowing nothing about bee hives, what sort of material would you build it with that’s longer than 8ft? Something not plywood? A fancy pants grade of plywood? Just curious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’m located at the other side of the world, in Sweden. :slight_smile:
Dont hesitate, just do it! :wink:

3 Likes

I buy plywood and OSB in lengths of 3meters.
Have some customer who wants large decorations cut out from ply.

I want large decorations cut from ply too - as in MASSIVE dinosaur skeleton yard art.

3 Likes

One amazing guy here builds a boat and the parts fit in like a puzzle.
Second option is a sheet you can roll on the x axis in defined steps.
From 2444 length to over 3000 (you need more to get the low corners) seems possible, but no one tried till now. How high is the sheet?

Edit: Added the link

2 Likes

Would It be true, that if you build a larger frame than the size of your cutting area, you will get more accurate cuts in the corners of your work piece or is the accuracy in the corners not a problem?

1 Like

if you build the top beam wider, then you will get more accuracy in the bottom
corners. If you build the machine taller you loose accuracy in the bottom
corners.

as you make it wider, you make it harder to work in the top center, as you make
it taller you make it easier to work in the top center

the stock frame is 10’ wide, we think going to 12’ wide will improve accuracy in
the bottom corners without making a signficant difference in the top center.

David Lang

3 Likes

whoa! very interesting! Thanks @dlang!