File conversion

I just built my frame today for my Maslow 4 and I’m super excited. I would like to cut out the parts for this cabinet, but I’m brand new to this. Can someone please help me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Hi mate, if nobody has done this for you I’ll do it tonight when I get back from work. But I recommend having a go on inkskape for simple stuff like this. Would be pretty easy after a couple of YouTube tutorials

2 Likes

Maslow is commanded through gcode files which can be seen as line drawings with added information on cutting depth, speed, order etc. So in order to cut out your cabinet you will need to:

Create a line drawing (inkscape, curve, illustrator etc) of all the different parts
or a 3d model (sketchup etc) with the added benefit of a visual representation of how the parts will fit together and export your line drawing to a DXF or SVG file
Import the DXF into CAM software (various options on the maslow website, krabzcam is my preferred option) which will allow you to add information to the line drawing such as cutting tool diameter, speed etc.Use the CAM software create the gcode file.
Load the export (.nc file) it into Maslow and press play/pray.

krabz

2 Likes

That would be amazing, if you don’t mind. I would love to actually cut something out while I’m learning to use the software. I am happy to pay you to do it. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m digging in now. I appreciate your help!!

1 Like

Jason…stl (297.3 KB)

Hi Matey, I’ve done your design. the faces just need exporting in DXF form… if you don’t know how to do it I don’t mind doing it for you in a bit or if anybody here want to in the meantime? but I’ve gotta head out for the night now.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll figure out how to export it. I really do appreciate it so much.

1 Like

@Dan_Bunby well, I think I overestimated my skills. I’ve googled everything I know to, but I’m still struggling. Can you point me in the right direction, please? Thank you, sir!

No worries. I’ll send you the DXF files when I get chance. And as I don’t know your work area or anything you’ll have to create your Gcode from there… If you log on to Easel from inventables, you can import your DXF into there and create toolpaths from there. Sounds complex but once you’ve seen a vid or 2 on YouTube you’ll get it.

I’ll send DXF’s through In a bit and we can go from there if you need help

1 Like

Hi, Dan. Hope you’re well. If you get chance, could you help me get this into easel and out as a gcode? Or if you could point me to some YouTube videos, it would be much appreciated!