Has Anyone been able to build a smaller frame?

When I first purchased my Maslow I was living in a rental with a very large Garage, Now I am a home owner but unfortunately my garage is much smaller. I would hate to just let my CNC sit in a box when I have many projects I could use it for.

Has anyone played around with a smaller frame say 4x4? What would be a limitation for making something like this? Could I say eliminate the frame all together and use some sort of removable slanted frame that I mount on my French cleat wall?

I suppose my biggest limitation is while I could fit a 4x8 frame width wise, it would consume a large portion of my workspace and as for height, it wouldn’t fit, I don’t remember the exact height but i think it was around 8 or 9 feet with the frame legs for the standard frame build.

So has anyone been able to successfully shrink the frame design with similar results as the standard frame? Maybe shorter chains? I assume this would require reworking the math on the calibration which is beyond my ability but it seems to me these would sell a lot better if your only option wasn’t a 12ft long beam and 8 foot frame.

The stock frame will fit through a standard residential doof (6’8")

there are several threads on building smaller frames

also look at the spreadsheet that lets you enter machine dimensions and
workpiece dimensions and it will tell you the min and max forces for that setup,
try and keep those forces better than the stock frame and you should be good

there are also multiple threads about people who have built hinged frames (from
the wall and from the rafters.

David Lang

The stock frame will fit through a standard residential doof (6’8")

there are several threads on building smaller frames

also look at the spreadsheet that lets you enter machine dimensions and
workpiece dimensions and it will tell you the min and max forces for that setup,
try and keep those forces better than the stock frame and you should be good

there are also multiple threads about people who have built hinged frames (from
the wall and from the rafters.

David Lang

Just hinge to wall and it will take up very little space shelving units with rolling wheels can be used in front