How To: Get Calibrated!

Step 11B: Adjust Chain Lengths - CHAIN OFF BOTTOM ONLY

So if you are here, you should:

1. Your sprockets are pointing at 12 o’clock
  2. Your chains are not attached to either sprocket.

The process here is not too complicated.

1. Place the left chain on the left sprocket as shown in the picture on the left.
  2. Click “Adjust Left Chain” while holding on to the left chain… you don’t want it to wrap all the way around the sprocket and get tangled up.
  3. The left sprocket will turn counter-clockwise and extend the chain to a determined length (suitable for connecting to the sled).
  4. When that’s done, place the right chain on the right sprocket in a mirror image of what’s shown in the picture of the left. Here’s a picture just to be crystal clear:

image Yes, I took the picture and mirrored it.

1. Press “Adjust Right Chain”. GRAB THE CHAIN BEING FED OUT AND GIVE IT TENSION SO IT DOESN’T WRAP AROUND THE RIGHT SPROCKET.
  2. When the right chain has stopped being fed out, connect the chains to your sled.
  3. Press “Move to Center” and hopefully if your measurements and estimate for rotational radius were close to what they should be, your sled will move close to the center.
  4. Press “Next”

Frequently asked questions about this step

My chains don’t reach the sled… whatsup? Most likely you have a 12-foot top beam (or at least you motor spacing is further apart than would be with a stock frame. You need to go to Settings->Advanced Settings and change Extend Chain Distance from the default of 1650 mm to something bigger. I think I used 2032 mm for 12-foot beam. If you have a 10-foot beam and they don’t reach, then your rotational radius or vertical measurement of motor height is probably wrong. Check those measurements and go back to correct.

What you need to know to skip this step If you never removed the chains from your sled (i.e., skipped previous steps) then please, skip this step.

1 Like