Is there an IRC or discord for maslowcnc forum members?

So people can talk and ask questions in real time?

2 Likes

Not yet as i know, but as i remember this thing runs on linux, so i would be in if so.

1 Like

There is a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/maslowcnc/

1 Like

Thanks @larry , I joined

Here is a discord we can use, too:

4 Likes

#deletefacebook

4 Likes

I’ve been feeling this way for awhile now - the forum is great, but in this day and age, instant communication is more my speed

2 Likes

Instant communication also means that anyone not online at that instant can’t
answer.

if you are working ‘now’ to troubleshoot something, it can be useful, but if you
don’t solve the problem, there’s no way for someone else to wake up in a few
hours and present you with the solution.

2 Likes

Well, I disagree with this point. Someone can wake up in a few hours to help you…the messages are persistent. So if you end up waiting…you’re waiting the same as you are with the forum.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a place for both - because there is! The forum is great to categorize discussions, archive them, and they remain easily searchable.

But the instant messaging has a place as well - and I also believe that, if both are used correctly, you end up with the forum being much cleaner because all of the quick question/answer stuff can be done over there, while more detailed topics and ongoing discussions can be held here.

2 Likes

Bumping this. Hereby requesting that there be a Maslow CNC Discord. :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m spread pretty thin between kickstarter comments, youtube, forums, Instagram, Facebook, reddit etc so I try to stay on top of the KS comments, the YouTube comments, and the forums

1 Like