Maslow going off route

How small does it have to be for me to test it?
Edit: I think the difference here is the huge arc, I 5000+ why I could not force a BO with my tests.

1 Like

What if we did the truncation before we render it in Ground Control so that way we could see if there were going to be issues in the preview of the file instead of them cropping up when we run it?

2 Likes

From a normal programming experience, I would hate that stuff just got truncated.

Either give a suggestion/recommendation, like a prompt, asking if the work is large or small. Based on the input, truncate or not.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a matter of being large or small, itā€™s a matter that we are hoping to
get maslow accurate to 0.4mm (currently around 1-2mm), so specifying positions
to 6 decimal places does no good, it doesnā€™t produce a more accurate result, it
just takes more space to transmit (and then get ignored)
k

2 Likes

I think a ā€œPre - Launchā€ check makes sense. With a dialog with buttons some thing like " we have detected some problems with your file. You could update the file, run it as is with possible problems, or we can try to fix it. How do you want to proceed?" Iā€™ve seen this in 3D printing where the file wasnā€™t complete.

Thank you

1 Like

stand right.nc (46.3 KB)

Hereā€™s the G-code file

2 Likes

Iā€™ve filed an issue for what weā€™re seeing here

3 Likes

Before I go to bed at 4:11 and because I canā€™t upload on git I will dump it here, just not to forget,
For my own reminder 80!

4 Likes

I saw the (beautiful) finished versionā€¦does that mean you were able to make it not run away?

1 Like