More information about the calibration benchmark test

take a look at my recent work at

k

I was hunting a thread remarking what the different size squares/location might mean without luck… anyone?

Short story- everything was working fine till I pressed the upgrade Ubuntu software button and my relic Dell 32 bit laptop became obsolete.

I did try a new Ubuntu 19, but no longer supports our Kivy…

I took advantage of my “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix It” mistake to raise and lengthen my top beam and bought a used Dell 18” XPS touchscreen, which the touchscreen part I can confirm works really well with ground control, and would recommend, as others have posted before me.

I am now running Windows 10 pro, and 1.26 GC.

Fast forward to two full calibration attempts and I’m close, but can’t seem to get any closer:

Horizontal is dead on, 1905 x3. Luck perhaps.

Vertical left to right is 896, 893, and 894.

The two left squares are within a mm 100x99.

The two rights are 100 wide and only 94/95 wide.

It didn’t seem to affect my first two real cuts… Any guesses?

The rotational wants to calibrate to 127 +/- (from 139, my measure) on both calibration attempts, but in settings it still says 139. Not sure if that’s meaningful.

1 Like

@Kurtsea it is important to understand the area of the Maslow is not linear, the accuracy changes depending on where you are on the Maslow. I hope @dlang can point you to one of the threads that shows this. The area in the center is more accurate than the sides. So depending on what you cut where your accuracy may fall.

Thank you

Update. Looks good again!

I recalibrated using a physical measurement of my top beam instead of chain length and went back to my original sled (felt like the ring was off…)

Measurements now super close to listed parameters above. Squares are dead on 100mm. Distances are a touch long 902-3 and 1906/7.

Super pleased.

Hope that helps someone else.

PS I made my sled with 3/4 starboard and put an 1/8" 45 degree straight bevel on the perimeter edge. Slides nice over plywood.

Thank you everyone for your help.

1 Like

This entire comment thread is over my head :cold_face: I feel like I’m reading Stephen Hawking!!

Welcome @a1graymatter! Some of the conversations here get pretty deep into the technical details. Keep reading and you will start to pick up what people are talking about.

1 Like

It’s the Flux Capacitor, Turn it off and on again.

Thank you