Project of the Week / Community Gardener for August 1, 2018

Nominations are open for this week’s Project of the Week (PotW) and Community Gardener (CG) awards. You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed.

The selected project will be highlighted in the Maslow newsletter. The user will receive a “Project of the Week” or “Community Gardener” badge on the forums, a cold hard tungsten carbide prize from Bar and Hannah, and a date with the Community Garden robot!

The approximate weekly schedule is: nominations close no earlier than Saturday, voting Sunday & Monday, announcement Tuesday. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, the back issues of the Maslow newsletter, Made on Maslow, and of course the Community Garden website to appear in a poll. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project (old or new) made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool. There is also a Maslow Community Contributor of the Week for great contributions to the Maslow community, which is run by TheRiflesSpiral; nominations which better fit that award will be forwarded to him.

What makes a Community Gardener? It can be anyone who creates or contributes to a project on the Community Garden website (http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/). By posting to the CG, you make the project available to the community and you create the opportunity for other users to improve on your design. Vote however you like, but I hope to encourage collaborative projects.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW/CG successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW/CG and volunteers to help run the thread are always welcome.

1 Like

I nominate @Dag83 for this beauty:

And @whitt3rx for this archery trophy:

Both of them deserve extra credit for having continued the tradition of using their machines to make things for other people

4 Likes

I nominate @DWfab’s Steel-Frame Sled.

Music cut out. https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard11/uploads/maslowcnc/original/2X/8/8865b1586ecc45c121017b5c94f37f803950a421.jpg

I can’t remember, did we get the cupcake display project in last week?

It wouldn’t be a week in the forums if @ScrumdyBum didn’t make something beautiful

And this one for sure!

Edit: One more :grin:

4 Likes

This week had a bumper crop of nominations, so here we go! Remember, two polls, so scroll down.

Project of the Week

• Dag83’s Dog Leash Holder
  • whitt3rx’s Large Archery Trophy
  • DWfab’s Steel Frame Sled
  • Jayster’s Music Cutout
  • Jacob’s Cupcake Display
  • ScrumdyBum’s MacIntosh Cutouts
  • scottscnc’s Harley Plaque for a Harley Guy
  • Crichar’s Artisanal Sign in Hard Red Oak

0 voters

Crichar’s Artisanal Sign in Hard Red Oak

scottscnc’s Harley Plaque for a Harley Guy

ScrumdyBum’s MacIntosh Cutouts

Jacob’s Cupcake Display

Jayster’s Music Cutout

DWfab’s Steel Frame Sled

whitt3rx’s Large Archery Trophy

Dag83’s Dog Leash Holder

Community Gardener

• 3D Printed Router Bit Holder for Peg Board
  • MCM End Table
  • Coat Hanger 1
  • Christmas Grinch Family - Grinch

0 voters

Christmas Grinch Family - Grinch

Coat Hanger 1

MCM End Table

3D Printed Router Bit Holder for Peg Board

2 Likes

I don’t believe I was part of last week’s, no.

Thanks for thinking of the project!
-JCH

1 Like

Not only did we have a bumper crop of nominations, but we had a bumper crop of votes as well. For PotW, the voters were sweet on Jacob’s Cupcake Display, while the Grinch stole the prize for the Community Gardener. Great projects, everyone!

2 Likes