So the in-laws got a new puppy, i thought it would be a good time to show the girlfriend that i can make stuff for her too on my (our) Maslow.
Used a v-bit for the letters, and a maslow 1/4 single flure for the contours. Idid 3 tests and got no burning, but i on the final part there was burning still good enough ro impress the girlfriend.
Design flow was, find silhouette picture online, trace bitmap in inkscape. And then make gcode in easel
The letters were more of a problem, i ended up with finding a real narrow font, type it in word, printscreen, paste in paint, copy paste to inkscape, trace bitmap, put in easel.
I wanted to use fusion, but that didn’t work out. I can get an svg i made in inkscape this way imported, then extruded it. But if i try to go to the cam step, it makes wierd toolpaths.
My eldest daughter’s best atempt at a spontanious smile, i got to take the blame for that one