Project of the Week / Community Gardener for January 2019

Thank you! As a post script, I just learned today that the Chief Delphi Forums, the go-to place to discuss FIRST stuff–seriously, if you want to see a bunch of people geeking out about robots and technology, this is the place–has switched to Discourse. This is yet another way that my two favorite communities seem to be lining up!

3 Likes

How do we feel about a project of the month? It would be less overhead and the competition would be more fierce

6 Likes

That’s an intriguing possibility.

2 Likes

@bar – Yeah I think that would be a great idea with the current volume of projects coming through the forums.

With it being winter, and the maslow project’s evolution slowing down, I think submissions are following suit.

One thought for when/if submissions pick up –
Say we end up with a lot of great projects one month (read: too many), you could always break the competition into sub categories in the future based on community garden organization.

• Furniture
  • Maslow Accessories
  • Signs

But only if there’s like 25+ entries. And only the overall winner would get an actual prize (the bits).

Thanks for your amazing community work @jwolter, I agree with the idea of lightening your load a bit while things are slower on the forums.

-J

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on my bit for project of the week in October lol. Iv messaged the person a few times and been told it would be here soon…

1 Like

I’ve only recently messaged them about the prize bit from winning POTW back in November. My guess is they’re a bit behind with launching their version of Maslow is all.

1 Like

I see what you did there. :wink:

3 Likes

Was waiting for someone to say something lol. :grin:

1 Like

The month of January is coming to a close. Any nominations for the month?

Yes,

First of all, it’s the most dedicated project I’ve seen, that brings Maslow forward.
But I also want this nomination as a kind of a placeholder, that at same time nominates all geniuses ‘behind the scene’, spending countless hours and brain cells with math that would give me nightmares.

And

3 Likes

And

1 Like

And

1 Like

And this made me smile:

Thank you bar :grin:

1 Like

One more :blush:

2 Likes

Ooh! Good catch!

Don’t forget about this one

By dag83 cutting both sides of the board.

6 Likes

And this curf pattern is very cool!

Here it finally is, the polls for January 2019. Thanks for everyone who submitted and nominated such a wide variety of projects! Two polls and each user gets multiple votes per poll, so vote away!

Project of the Month

• c0depr1sm's The Zipper Tree Challenge
  • clintloggins's Light Bulb Pendant Light
  • LuisP's Meccano-inspired Scooter
  • Jetstar's Upcycled Plastic Target
  • benjip's Shop Vac Cyclone from Traffic Cone
  • TomD's Ring and Bit Alignment Kit
  • Dag83's Two-Sided Balloon Carriage
  • Travis_McCleery's Bendy Wood Corner Sconce

0 voters

Travis_McCleery's Bendy Wood Corner Sconce

Dag83's Two-Sided Balloon Carriage