Hi everyone! I am considering purchasing a kit but could use a little more info from experienced users. Apologies if this information is already documented - I did some basic searching and couldn’t find the detailed answers I was looking for. Specifically I have questions about the beam length and z-axis controls. As some background, I use a small desktop 3018 so am familiar with basic CNC Router operations including the workflow (e.g. Fusion → .nc → GBRL/CNCjs software) if that matters to your answers.
I see a lot of recommendations for a 12’ motor beam to “make use of the full 4x8 sheet.”
- Assuming I had adequate supports along the side, with a 10’ beam, will I be able to cut accurate rectangles/shapes using the whole sheet? For example if I designed a piece of rectangular furniture that used a full 4x8 in its cut sheet.
- If not the whole sheet - any idea as to what the workable area would be?
- Would an 11’ help or does it have to be 12’?
- Would the basic motorized z-axis control have enough accuracy to make pockets for 1/2’’ cam-lock furniture connectors or dado joints?
- If not, would the M2 provide that level of accuracy/control?
Thanks in advance!