Waste Board material

| kayaker37
June 4 |

• | - |

I feel outdated, last time I went to buy a drill bit at Home Depot, most of the bits were no longer round, as well as the drills.

So I Googled and is this what you are referring to: Screw Head - Quadrex.svg

The Phillips/square screw drive, also known as the Quadrex , Pozisquare screw drive, is a combination of the Phillips and Robertson screw drives. While a standard Phillips or Robertson tool can be used, there is also a dedicated tool for it that increases the surface area between the tool and the fastener so it can handle more torque.[52]

Who carries this type screw, I donā€™t see any at Home Depot, although their deck screws have their own special head, as they come with a special bit.

I have a Hitachi 3.6v cordless driver, guess that wonā€™t have enough power.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Dustcloud
June 4 |

• | - |

To secure workpieces to my Maslow I use a Makita 18 volt rechargeable drill with heavy duty 1 5/8ā€ wood screws with a combined phillips/#2 square bit head. The #2 square driver is fantastic, never slipping, and provides really good control of the screw depth. With plywood, no pilot holes or counteā€¦

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Home Depot and Iā€™m sure Lowes would have them too, sell a T-15, T-20 Torx head screw. You donā€™t need to push anywhere near as hard to keep the bit in the screw head.

On particle board for a wasteboard- The stuff is made from all the mill leftovers. Its got staples, screws, rocks, bulletsā€¦anything on the floor gets ground up and put in the mix. Not good for bit life. MDF is cleaner and you can get a light version (LDF) or a super light version (ULDF). Weā€™ve tried all 3 at work for the vacuum table and like standard MDF.

1 Like