4 chains version replacing the bricks?

I think this is the whole idea of maslow, to build amazing things. I will be a big contributor to all of these projects. I have a good foundation in sketch up but I’m currently learning onshape. It’s like pulling teeth but I’m taking the classes they offer. I think onshape is the way to go because we can do cloud sketching together on the same project at the same time. It it’s also free to use. I am sure bar will help as well as a lot of other really good maslowians. You guys can look at the animal table and chairs project as an example of what we can do together.

7 Likes

Im up for that as I think using the Maslow to bulid a frame ,fix the chains to the frame, install the motors to the gantry and use the Maslows electronics to drive it, that would creat a more refined Maslow 2
So Ill think i will buy a second Maslow kit and start designing the gantry frame and hope one day i might get help to do some coding,
In the mean time ill get back to testing 1.09

3 Likes

Same here, onshape is great but its a lot to take in even with the Tutorials. I have the kids learning it as well, hopefully they can then teach the slow old man!

2 Likes

I think i have the exact same feelings about onshape, also comming from sketchup. But the advantages of onshape made it really worthwhile to try to learn it for me.
Though working together on the same document might not be the best way, you can copy the original document, and see the changes everyone else made, i assume you can merge the ones you like.

1 Like

merging is possible, but gets interesting because most of the time you don’t
have a lot of info on what each set of changes are (you need to make lots of
version tags and include descriptions to make sense of what’s what)