About the No Judgement category

This category is an attempt to draw in all those anonymous or “intimidated” users who might not feel comfortable asking their less-than-CNC-savvy questions in the rest of the forums.

I plan to share about “silly” mistakes I make as I’m the non CNC-savvy one between Bar and I. Please share about your mistakes as well! Or, if you have ANY QUESTION AT ALL, don’t be afraid to ask. Even if we don’t know the answer, we’ll trouble-shoot it together in a judgement-free zone!
Happy mistake making!

hannah

Follow these links to the Maslow CNC website or one of the Wiki pages to learn and contribute!
MaslowCNC Assembly Guide | Contact | Contribute | FAQ | Issues | Source | Store | Weekly Updates
Wiki: Electronics | Firmware | Mechanics | Software | Community Garden

Saving a few bucks at the home improvement stores…

Here’s a tip to save a bit of money on the router and build materials:

There are a lot of coupons for Home Depot, Lowe’s… on eBay “$20 off a $200 purchase” and some a flat percentage off. The router, a 1/4 carbide bit and the wood puts you way over $200. A few bucks on eBay and a few minuets later and you wind up saving at least $17.

Not a massive savings but for those on a budget every penny counts.

Cheers,
Tim

Hey everyone, I’m a custom Quadracycle builder. i.e. four wheel two person (adult sized) human powered vehicles using bike parts. My vehicles have Corrugated Plastic panel bodies. I was wondering if anyone on here has used a Maslow to cut Coroplast or like panels.
Doing so would make my work a heck of a lot easier. Cutting, inscribing 4 X 8 panels by hand with X-Acto blades is… tiring. Like me know any positives or negatives. From what I know we might be able to cure those issues.
Scooter.

Hi all,

I would be grateful for some wisdom from those of you who know about cnc machines. I am new to it all but am excited about the prospect of getting one for myself.

I was all set to invest in a Maslow but then noticed the M2 on the MakerMade website, it is more expensive but is advertising some quicker types of cuts, quieter and more accurate than anything I can build myself at this stage.

Would you buy the M2 over a Maslow?

M2 looks like a spindle rather than a router - something quieter running and lower power is appealing to me.

$749 is more than I wanted to spend especially as I have customs duty to add on top and still pay for the timber for the frame.

Many thanks,

Chris