Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Aluminum router clamp r2002 or 3.5” diameter router

1 5/8” channel with 4” aluminum tube and some 5mill thick shims to make it snug. 1/16” shims could be used with a more standard 3.5” diameter router (porter cable, Milwaukee etc)

Here is my question what is best way to keep the router in place? I was originally going to cut a slit and use a t bolt hose clamp. But now I’m thinking a simple tapped hole with thumb set screw.

Original plan was to 3D print the router clamp but getting it made out of metal is only a few dollars more and makes more sense with a name like metal Maslow. :slight_smile:

Glorious! Makes the conversion to a solid, precise z axis look much simpler than I thought.
Thanks for sharing the success!

The R22002 has a set screw /alignment pin that protrudes from the body about 1/16
I filed mine off. But I might take a saws all and make a groove on the inside of the tube so you would not need to file it off. It would also act as anti rotation point

If you slit the tube for the hose clamp approach, would the pin fit in th slot?

Would it be possible to share the build of material for the z-axis sled pictured above? Your idea here is fantastic and I think if you share the BOM with others, you might get a lot of help in figuring out an elegant solution.

200mm C beam from aliexpress $45
Piece of channel
Piece of tube
Are the main 3 pieces
You will also need some triangular or L brackets to support the backside and the 3-D printed motor mount from the community garden files

And yes if I slit the tube. The groove would be wide enough for the protrusion to slide in

Here is a 208.85 C-beam c-beam from Alibaba.

Which pitch (Size:) matches the Rigid router’s pitch?

3.17 is the ridged default. so the 2mm will be about 30% slower and the 8mm will be about 2.6x faster, assuming you are using the same slow original z axis motor. A lot of people are upgrading to a faster motor. orginal motor was slow with high torque, but if you are using a pro z axis, they glide very smooth so a high torque is not needed.

An 8mm pitch will move farther per unit revolution of the motor than the 2mm pitched screw. Does anyone know what the distance moved per smallest rotation of the sprocket?

Thanks,