Bosch POF1200AE Z-Axis not coming back up

Hi there,

i’ve ordered a maslow ring kit and set it up with the default frame. I am using a Bosch POF1200AE Router with the Z-Axis mount printed from thingiverse.

Everything is working fine except raising the z-axis for traveling moves to next contour. When the motor raises the z-axis, the router just didn’t catch up and the top motor mount part gets loose. I then need to manually push the whole router up and match the motor mount into the housing screws again.
Generally, the z-axis raising is really “stuttering”.

Does somebody maybe had the same problem or an idea about how it could be solved?
I was already thinking about if it helps when i fix the motor mount into the router with some screws?

Would really appreciate any ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

A video of your problem mught help us understand your issue better.

2 Likes

I will try to do a video this evening when i’m working on it again. Will post that tomorrow.

2 Likes

we greased the shafts well, it helped us
we have such grease “grease”, great

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the tip.

Where exactly did you put the grease?
Is it possible from the outside without opening the machine again?

1 Like

you move the protective part of the shaft aside, and after lubrication, you well manually lower the router several times, the more the better the lubricant passes

1 Like

Okay looks cool. Didn’t know that i can move the protective part aside without destroying that. Will try that today and report back if it helped! Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much @UNUS_TRESQUATRO that worked very well!

I just pulled the protective part down from the top of the shaft until i could see the inner workings and gave it some sprays of WD40.

Second thing i did is re-mounting the coupler that it sits firmly on the top of the side of the printed part which is mounted to the router. That gives more stability.

I did some test cuts and everything is now working really well, smooth and very accurate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wd40 good tool, but it will not last long, it is better to use a thick lubricant

Yes, already thought about that.
Will check out whats a good, thicker alternative.