Calibration after cutting final sled

Hey All! Going through some calibration frustrations here… I have been working with the temp sled for a bit now because I am impatient. I finally got around to cutting the final sled and noticed that pocket cuts were out of round… I did some searching yesterday and noticed that you should re-calibrate after making the final sled. This step is not mentioned on the wiki, only “When your sled is finished re-attach it to the machine and you are ready to start making things!”

Now that I have to run calibration again, is there a way to skip the motor distance part? I know the length from the first time through… It took 4 attempts as the right motor was pulled from the wood the first 3 times :slight_smile:
Thanks!
-Tim

Yes! Look for the ‘Skip’ button at the top of the screen. :wink: one of my favorite buttons :grin:

1 Like

Yes, but when you hit skip, there is no way to enter the distance measured before and I assume this is needed later on :slight_smile:

There is a manual section in GC you can enter it in.
Motor to motor
Rotational
And motor to top of work price I believe

Thanks!

Next gripe… If I have set the motor orientation during the first step, why does it need to be done again? Shouldn’t “zero” already be known?

Sorry, I assumed that you had done the motor measurement one time already. If so, the previous measurement is used when you ‘Skip’. If not, the default value is used.

No worries! Good to know.

Thanks
-Tim

1 Like

I threw a step 19 into the frame assembly / sled construction wiki page. Someone want to check it and either fix my mistakes or tell me what to fix?

1 Like

Hi, and welcome the forum!

What frame did you build? My Maslow kit came with all the wood screws I needed to build the default frame, and I attached the motors to the top of the 10’ beam with some of those screws. I have never had a motor pull loose, but the beam on the right side developed a small split where one of the screws was. So I added 2 - 4”x 1/4” volts to each side, and they are pretty rock solid. There is a lot of tension on these things, so make sure they are well placed.

Thanks!

The new default… I really wish I would have seen your build before I made mine though :slight_smile: . I dont’ think I had the screws close enough to the edges for fear of the mount moving when tightening… I added a few extra screws and that looks to be holding… I have been calibrating all week long trying to solve the same circle issue that you had. I think I am getting close now…

Cool! Let us know your progress.