Calibration and Stock Size

I have my frame set up and electronics installed along with the chains and sled. Went through the calibration process. When I did the test cut the vertical cuts were approximately 10 inches from the outside of the waste board. The #5 cut (horizontal one) was about 8 inches from the top. Does that sound about right? When I return to center the router bit is about 32 inches from the top. Have I done something wrong? I assumed it should to to the center of the sheet. I am also wondering if I can cut from smaller stock with the standard full size frame. For example 48” X 48”?

What calibration technique are you using? I’ve only used Holey Calibration, it was fairly simple. As far as cutting smaller stock, of course, just screw it to the waste board and have some scrap ply screwed around it to act as skirts. Make sure the screws are recessed so the sled doesn’t get hung up.

-Tim

1 Like

I marked the centre of my 4x8 waste board and moved the sled until it covered that mark. Then hit “Define Home”. Moved the sled around a few times and it always returned to the correct spot when I hit the home button but I notice on the work space screen that the home cursor is not in the centre of what I assume is the boarder for the cut sheet. How to I move the cursor to match the location of the sled? Hope that makes sense.

Are you saying that ground control is showing you at this position in the picture when you physically have the sled in the center of your waste board? Sounds like some measurements were off during calibration, maybe chain length?

Also “define home” sets home at any x/y position. You might be able to right click and select “center” to move the sled back to center (0x, 0y). This is on webcontrol, I imagine it’s the same on groundcontrol

-Tim

1 Like

Okay. Thanks Tim. Will have another look.