Calibration values not saved in EEPROM

Been trying to calibrate my M2 after installing new DUE board replacing the original which had a broken USB connector, Updated the firmware from the MaslowDUE and can control the M2 with jogging commands so I assume it is working.

But when I try to calibrate I set the Frame values 381 and 3019 and click Apply but when I return the the tab the old default values are displayed (463 & 2978.4).

Also when I run the Edge tab I am seeing some crazy movements. My son and I both have double check the frame for squareness and values but when I click the middle up position with a 100mm offset the sled goes to about -4mm, then the rest of the corners are starting from top right are: 67,165 155,79 0 158,74 154,77 . The top middle clearly is way way off and the calibration is something like 165mm off.

If I apply the calibration and try to run again, the sled goes to exact same locations as described above. It’s like the applying the calibration is not setting the values.

I seem to have a similar issue with an aftermarket Due board. Wonder how you ended up fixing yours?

As I understand it, the Due doesn’t have EEPROM. The makermade board that plugs
into the Due had some eeprom on it IIRC

David Lang

Anton Kovalenko wrote:

Right, Arduino DUE doesn’t have EEPROM, so replacing Makermade mainboard with generic Arduino DUE and using original Makermade DUE shield doesn’t immediately sound like a wrong idea, or does it?

I also had USB connector broken off and didn’t want to order a complete makermade kit of two boards and the housing, which seems to be their only offering. Thought resoldering usb would be easier or better yet just replacing arduino due board with a generic one. Replaced with a generic and then I am facing a similar issue where it fails to retain calibration readings. Not sure if they need to go into EEPROM and something isn’t working there when on generic mainboard. Or, if the values are stored in the software and the replacement board is not the issue?

Did you get yours working?

I have never had a makermade system. As far as I know, they didn’t modify the
due and had everything custom on the shield, so I think you will be good with a
generic one.

There are a couple makermade folks that sometimes show up to answer questions
here. The rest of us try to help where we can, but they are an offshoot of the
Maslow project and opted to keep things rather private.

David Lang

Anton Kovalenko wrote:

1 Like

In any case, the maslow 4 seems to be a MUCH better machine, although it’s
cutting area is smaller for the same size frame.

David Lang

1 Like