I know have your firmware loaded and running stock GC 1.26. This time the sprockets set to 12 o’clock without issue. But when I hit center sled, it rolled out all the left chain and I had to hit stop. I was able to run through the calibration routine and reset the chains and center the sled.
I’m checking it…
But be carefull! In this firmware improvement step, the sag correction IS really the sag correction factor. Don’t enter a sled weight there Use the same sag correction you used to have.
Just following your progress until I get the chance to test it myself. Not to digress too much from the topic but …
I’ve had issues like this as well and it may be related to the “not keeping up” error. You might want to check all your cables to make sure nothing wiggled loose, maybe even disconnect and reconnect. Check the female ends of the motor cable connections to make sure the pins are making good contact. Also, one of the shield designs out there (don’t remember the name) has a pin on the underside of the board that touches the usb housing when pressed all the way down on the arduino. If yours is like that you might want to put electrical tape on the usb housing.
So, having the left chain rolling all out, it looks like possibly the chains position was not preserved during the firmware update. In that case the right thing to do was to recalibrate.
Also @WoodCutter4 's point might be something to check, but I did not have that issue, so I don’t know about that.
Recalibration, I can see in log.txt, here is what you did:
line 18076: you finish moving the right sprocket to have 12 OClock fine. (B09 R-0.12)
line 18733: you set these sprocket as 0 chain length.
line 18739: the chain over top is restated to the firmware
line 18753: A message that the firmware cannot figure a valid sled position… we could expect that since nor the left nor the right chain were extended.
line 18755: The position error alarm limit ($42) is set to 2000 mm in the firmware.
line 18810: the chain over top is restated to the firmware
line 18819: A message that the firmware cannot figure a valid sled position… we could expect that since nor the left nor the right chain were extended.
line 18821: the macro $$ is called to print parameter values. Everything seems fine. (sag correction value is 0 but that is not a problem)
line 18870: The position error alarm limit ($42) is set to 2 mm in the firmware (effectively restoring the position error check).
line 19727: command to extend left chain
line 21040: left chain extended to 1648.86mm
line 21288: command to extend right chain
line 22601: right chain extended to 1648.83mm
line 24043: command to move sled to center
line 24277: firmware reports a request to comppute the xy position of the sled from the chains current positions and reports x=0.75, y=0.87
line 24385: $16=1 (Z axis is motorized)
line 24572: $16=1 (Z axis is motorized)
line 24682: $16=1 (Z axis is motorized)
line 25174: some Z moves…
line 26353: a message stating that exiting clibration process early may cause problems
line26477: Ground Control reports reconnecting to firmware
line 26483: firmware reports a request to comppute the xy position of the sled from the chains current positions and reports x=0.73, y=0.79
line 26482 $$ macro followed by parameters lists
repeating a few time $$ then list… then end of file.
Now, You can put the normal chain sag correction for you machine. And give it a go.
I ran into an issue that sounds exactly like this. I had this issue with one motor, but not the other. I wiggled the connections to the motors, and disconnected/reconnected the shield on the Arduino. This fixed the issue. Unfortunately I don’t have any information on which connection was faulty. After this, I haven’t had any problems (yet).