Easel Won't connect

I have been running my Maslow with Arduino Mega through WebControl. Creating my Gcode in KrabzCam. I have seen some posts on easel and decided to check it out. It looks good, works well and I would like to use it. BUT i can’t get easel to connect to my machine. Same machine runs just fine on Webcontrol and so its not a connection issue. I have downloaded the easel driver/software on both my Mac and PC and neither want to work. So I’m at my next step, beg for your help and allow you to state the obvious thing I am missing

I think the key is to not connect from Easel. My understanding is that it can only connect to their XCARVE line of machines. You can download the gcode from easel and then open in web control, which I think is the way to go

@Mike_Hennie, @bar is absolutely correct. Easel will only connect to their own line of machines. To use with Maslow, you set everything up, then go to advance, and export the GCode. From there, you load that up to WebControl, and off you go. Here is a little instruction video from @MakerMadeCNC that may help with the set up process (first 1:30-ish), and then exporting the Gcode (10:36) once you have done your design and set up your tool paths. Good luck, and let us know if you have any further questions or what you end up making.

Rick

1 Like

To be strictly correct Easel’s machine control can connect to other grbl based routers, many 3018 (have one at mooselake south) users use it. However it does have a nasty (and much reported and ignored) bug where it generates $103=weirdities commands and blows away Z steps/mm on some 3018s, repeating every time it automatically updates it’s driver and putting it completely in to the POS category. Generally recommend there to use the export gcode to a file option (what inventables calls gcode downloading) and use another gcode sender.

1 Like

Thanks, Moose!! I was unaware of Easel’s ability to connect to other grbl routers. I figured it was more of a marketing/business thing to sort of force you to buy one of their machines to get the ability to connect and send with their CAD/CAM platform!

Rick

1 Like