Error in python cutting final sled

We got an error in groundcontrol that aborted the creation of the initial sled.

It did the first 2 recessed holes then aborted with the following error.

Sending: G3 X14.88990 Y6.7934 I0.0769 J-0.1059
[INFO ] [Base ] Leaving application in progress…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Bar\Git\GroundControl\main.py”, line 490, in
GroundControlApp().run()
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\app.py”, line 828, in run
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\base.py”, line 504, in runTouchApp
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\core\window\window_sdl2.py”, line 663, in mainloop
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\core\window\window_sdl2.py”, line 405, in _mainloop
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\base.py”, line 342, in idle
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\base.py”, line 327, in dispatch_input
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\base.py”, line 233, in post_dispatch_input
File “kivy_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy.event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (kivy_event.c:8191)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\core\window_init
.py", line 1190, in on_motion

File “kivy_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy.event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (kivy_event.c:8191)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\core\window_init
.py", line 1216, in on_touch_move

File “kivy_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy._event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (kivy_event.c:8191)
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\uix\widget.py”, line 468, in on_touch_move
File “kivy_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy._event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (kivy_event.c:8191)
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\uix\relativelayout.py”, line 296, in on_touch_move
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\uix\widget.py”, line 468, in on_touch_move
File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\kivy\uix\scatter.py”, line 547, in on_touch_move
File “C:\Users\Bar\Git\GroundControl\UIElements\modernMenu.py”, line 150, in on_touch_move
KeyError: ‘menu_timeout’
[12764] Failed to execute script main

I am running GroundControl-Windows.Portable.v1.17
and I am cutting Sled.nc downloaded from the Maslow page.

It was the oddest thing it was working fine then just dropped out of groundcontrol.

That is odd… the ‘UIElements\modernMenu.py’ code handles a pop-up which gets called up when the user clicks and holds on the screen (for two seconds?). Did something click the mouse or touch the touchscreen during the cut?

2 Likes

I think you got it. It was on a touch screen and i touched the screen to keep it from going dark. I will try it again tonight. Thank you so much!

3 Likes

I agree with @blurfl about the cause, but I’m unclear why that would cause a crash. Will you press and hold somewhere on the screen and see if you get a contextual menu like this:

Maybe do it when you aren’t cutting anything wink in case something goes wrong :grin:

We switched to a dedicated pc without a touch screen so I will not be able to reproduce the error. There is really no reason we needed a touch screen. The good news is we have been able to cut the final sled and are moving on.

All I did was touch the screen to keep it from sleeping. There was no menu that showed up. It just crashed to the command prompt and the cnc stopped moving.

2 Likes