Few different issues happening here

So I was Cutting a sign earlier today and It was just about to start its final contour cut of the first path. then the power went out. So then I was unable to retract one of the belts. I have had this happen before and it was a corrupt Yaml File. so I uploaded a new one, and was just going to do a new calibration. Still couldnt retract the TL Belt unless I crank it from 1300 to 2500 then it will start pulling the belt in. If I do 2000 or 2200 it retracts until about a foot and a half is still unspooled. If I set it to 2500 it retracts. So I decided to Update to the newest version. (i was on 77) attempted to upload the new files. Firmware update, yaml file update, but when I tried updating the Index file It fails, So I deleted it out and reuploaded, still fails, Went back to a previous version. It failed… Tried a different computer, Still Failed!!! So now it’s Bricked until I can figure out how to get the new index file uploaded.

Were you upgrading to 0.78 or 0.78.1? 0.78 had some problems… Others have had similar problems and IIRC someone has posted instructions for un-bricking.

Updating to 78.1 the newest interstel

1 Like

The symptom of not being able to upload I have seen in testing my latest changes on the renaming of files when I’ve had a lot of changes to the files on the flash filesystem on the maslow.

I’d suggest a clean slate and use a USB cable and the zip file in the release if you can and are on windows (0.77 is probably best, because the 2 0.78 versions don’t have the right commands in the zip file). If you are on mac or linux, I’ve found that checking out the maslow source and using platformio to be easier. platformio works great on windows too, but the .bat file in the zip is quick and easy.

I think I will create a wiki post for resetting the maslow in this way; since its a pretty useful thing to have to point to.

1 Like

I went allthe way back to i think 64. With the clean install. Then updated thenfw yaml and index. Now that part is fine. Still couldnt retract all the way with out going up to 2500. Dissaembled everything, cleaned out all of the arms. And re assembled. Now im back to 1300. Im assuming some pvc chips were causing friction

2 Likes

https://forums.maslowcnc.com/t/the-belt-maslow-a-k-a-maslow-4-manual/19147/12#resetting-wiping-out-the-maslows-software-1

Were any PVC chips sticking or getting embedded in the belt grooves?

I shop vaced and wiped everything as i was going. I dont think it was in the belt grooves. But possibly in the gearing

1 Like