Hey guys! Thought I would share a recent project I have going. Last summer, I lucked on to a storage unit with 30+ arcade machines from an old arcade in town. I got a steal and bought them all!
Most of the games are in working order or only need a few small adjustments (sticky buttons, screen adjustments, etc). But a lot of them have not so great cabinets. And there are also several conversions. I’m building a home arcade so I want them to look great and play great for years.
Enter Maslow! It was the tool I found that would be within my budget to help me cut more complex panels accurately for restoring these. I decided to start with a classic: Mortal Kombat. It’s actually mounted in an old Double Dragon cabinet as a conversion. But since I have all the correct parts, might as well build a correct cabinet!
I have cut one side panel so far, and experienced a few issues that I’m working through. But overall I’m amazed at this things capabilities. It blows my hand jigsaw skills out of the water!
A few pics for your pleasure:
The current project:
There is typically blocking inside a cabinet to attach various panels together and mount stuff. So I had the Maslow cut them out to a depth of 0.1” recessed so that I can quickly locate and place the blocking in the exact location without measuring. I’ll update back here as I make more progress, but I have high hopes for this one!