Ground control v1.09 error

I just updated my firmware and GC to v1.09. The arduino ide says the upload completed but when I open ground control I can’t connect and get:
“Error: Please set $12, $13, $19, and $20 to load old position data”

What computer are you using? What OS?

Thank you

I’m using an Hp with Windows 8

Do you have the Arduino IDE still open? While running Ground Control?

Thank you

No. Closed it. I did however just upload the new firmware. I did nothing that would erase the old firmware. I don’t know if uploading erases previous versions

The old version will be erased automatically when you upload the new version so I don’t think that is the issue. You are not the only person seeing this, a GitHub issue is open for it here:

But we haven’t figured out what is going on yet.

Do you by any chance know what version number you were using before?

1 Like

I was on 1.02. I was going to try and upload 1.08 tomorrow and see if that gets me anywhere

2 Likes

This error is showing up because the machine isn’t getting it’s settings updated when the connection happens…I’m not sure why, but that’s the cause.

The calibration process updates the machine’s settings several times. I would expect that the motors won’t move in the calibration process either, but will you give going through the calibration process without worrying too much about what is actually happening to see if that will fix it? Once the settings get pushed once they will be stored in memory which should fix the issue.

1 Like

I had this error going from 1.03 to 1.06 - the fix for me was to get rid of any previous GC files and reload both the arduino and GC - I wiped the EPROM for good measure as well - everything works as it should now (windows 10 box)

3 Likes

I had thought of wiping the eprom but as it’s a newer issue I wanted to give the “Programmer Folks” a chance to look at it if needed.

Thank you

I wiped the eeprom and uploaded the firmware. All good now

3 Likes

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=469061.0

Just skimmed it but it looks like the EPROMs don’t get erased on sketch uploads. Think you could just sneak a flag in the init of the board. Something like if this bit < this value run EPROM clear. Update bit??? I’m not a super great programmer, just FYI

1 Like