Holey Triangular Calibration

This is why I think that the calibration calculation should be a call to the
firmware (a $B command or something like that), so it can use the actual
function, including any bugs or limits due to the arduino processor/compiler.

David Lang

3 Likes

@Tjacobs713

It is post 327 above.

@Joshua has done a lot of fantastic work on it in his spare time and can confirm if this is the correct link to use.

1 Like

Yes. Those are the correct links.

1 Like

Thanks @WoodCutter4 and @Joshua Do I have to download python. Kivey. And pyserial all separately? I’m sorry for so many questions this is just all new to me. Is there a step by step directions like when I first set it up somewhere?

If you can run GroundControl, all python and kivy requirements should be settled.
A ‘tutorial for the GUI version’ is up at post 305.
How to -> holey-triangular-calibration

@Gero, @Tjacobs713 FWIW, That was not the case for me. Maybe I did it wrong or it was due to my using one of Joshua’s earlier versions of the fork.

1 Like

I might have missed something.
(playing on to many yards to be near of conclusive to one)

1 Like

I found it easy to do on a linux box where I already had GC running.

I gave up on trying to get it running on windows.

ok, I downloaded the firmware and ground control files, I’m assuming that the firmware just needs the cnc_ctrl_v1 file put into the audrino. There is no batch file for ground control like the original had to launch the app. Am i suppose to open the groundcontrol.kv file some how? or do i have to move some of the new files to the original downloaded folder? Thanks again everyone. I would really like to try this to get the accuracy close. The regular way has not been doing to well for me.

@WoodCutter4 @Joshua @Gero @dlang Any help with post above?

@Tjacobs713 you caught me a minute before bed, going to do the HTC (not to confuse with THC) again after second coffee in the morning and report back. Remind me please, what OS are you running?

1 Like

@Gero Thanks. I’m using windows 10.

unfortunantly I gave up on getting it running on windows. If someone can see
what was done to build the groundcontrol.exe for the stock GC and we can
duplicate that for holey triangualtion, that would be a great thing.

David Lang

2 Likes

@dlang it sure would make life easy!

Hi sorry, traveling for work. It was a couple of months ago when I did it (an older version than you would have downloaded).

Yes.

No you need to run “main.py” using python.

No.

Since I’m on the road for business, I might not have much time but, look back through this thread and there is an exchange between myself and Joshua where I believe he have some advice on how to get it going.
This took me a night of googling and downloading various supporting software that I installed using command prompt. Sorry I don’t have a good memory and just worked through each issue as quickly as I could. Not really sure how I got it work and I have been unsuccessful in getting other firmware to work on the same laptop after.

As I have time I’ll look through and see what other details I can find about what might be needed.

@WoodCutter4 Thanks. That in itself is helpful. Safe travels. Travis

1 Like

There should be installation instructions in the Maslow Wiki. It involves installing Python, Kivy, and the Arduino IDE. The only additional thing Holey Calibration requires is SciPy and NumPy. I just looked at the Windows instructions, and it doesn’t mention Kivy or anything. You can google how to install all this stuff. It just takes a little grit.

I haven’t looked at the windows install, but the *.bat file might work the same for Holey Calibration as it does for the main branch.

@Tjacobs713
Links to posts in this thread that might be useful to you:

@dlang @Joshua @WoodCutter4 I gave on trying to make this work in windows and downloaded LinuxMint. I think I have all the files correct and when I go to run the main.py file in the terminal this is what i get…

(base) travis@travis-750-124:~/GroundControl-master$ python main.py
[INFO ] [Logger ] Record log in /home/travis/.kivy/logs/kivy_19-06-27_7.txt
[INFO ] [Kivy ] v1.9.1-dev
[INFO ] [Python ] v2.7.16 |Anaconda, Inc.| (default, Mar 14 2019, 21:00:58)
[GCC 7.3.0]
[INFO ] [Factory ] 179 symbols loaded
[INFO ] [Image ] Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_gif, img_pil (img_sdl2, img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[CRITICAL] [Window ] Unable to find any valuable Window provider at all!
egl_rpi - ImportError: cannot import name bcm
File “/home/travis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/home/travis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/window/window_egl_rpi.py”, line 12, in
from kivy.lib.vidcore_lite import bcm, egl

sdl2 - ImportError: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
File “/home/travis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
File “/home/travis/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/window/window_sdl2.py”, line 26, in
from kivy.core.window._window_sdl2 import _WindowSDL2Storage

x11 - ImportError: No module named window_x11

[INFO ] [Text ] Provider: pil([‘text_sdl2’] ignored)
[CRITICAL] [App ] Unable to get a Window, abort.
Exception SystemExit: 1 in ‘kivy.properties.dpi2px’ ignored
[CRITICAL] [App ] Unable to get a Window, abort.

I’m not sure if any of you or anyone else is way better at linux then I am and can maybe tell me what I need to do to run this file correctly. Once again thanks everyone for all the help, I think if I ever get this working maybe I’ll try to write step by step of what I done for anyone else trying to get this to work.

1 Like

Seen this before?

Appeared and disappeared on git. Any links on this activity?

Edit:
@Tjacobs713
I do not exclude coincidences. No offence and 100% not personal.

1 Like