How to direct message user?

I would like to direct message a user but can’t seem to figure out how to send it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

If you know their handle (i.e., @madgrizzle) you can click your “symbol” in the top right corner, click the envelope (middle icon at top left), select “New Message” (blue button) and send a message that way.

If you are reading someone’s post, you can click their image and then click the blue “Message” button on the profile that pops up.

3 Likes

Thank you! It appears that I needed to be promoted up a trust level to do so as I didn’t previously have the links available. I do now, and appreciate the help!

2 Likes

I think there may be a waiting period after joining before you can direct message or you have to have a certain number of posts… something… dunno specifically

1 Like

Thank you again, I appreciate the help and was able to send a message based on your advise (and my upgraded status).

2 Likes

Trying to contact someone on the map but the name they used doesn’t register as valid for mail purposes - any ideas on how to contact? Thanks

If he/she did not use the same name on the map as in the forum there is no chance other then asking here.

Thank you for your help!