#include "maslow.h"

Hi, everybody. Brand new here. Finally had time to start setting everything up, but I could use some help.
I got Arduino IDE 1.8.5 and maslow firmware 1.15 running on a windows 10 laptop.

I try to run the compiler to load firmware onto board and keep getting this error.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\jmcla\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0042 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_807768 -warnings=all -build-cache C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_624173 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.1.1 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2 -verbose C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-1.15.zip\Firmware-1.15\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\jmcla\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0042 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_807768 -warnings=all -build-cache C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_624173 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.1.1 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2 -verbose C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-1.15.zip\Firmware-1.15\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino
Using board ‘mega’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21
Detecting libraries used…
“C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21\variants\mega” “C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_807768\sketch\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino.cpp” -o “nul”
“C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.21\variants\mega” “C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_807768\sketch\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino.cpp” -o “C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_807768\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp”
C:\Users\jmcla\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-1.15.zip\Firmware-1.15\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino:36:20: fatal error: Maslow.h: No such file or directory

#include “Maslow.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Completely lost on where to go from here. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

1 Like

First, welcome! And thanks for including the error output, that makes it easier to help. :grin::+1:t2:

This line in the error output makes it look like the firmware .zip file has not yet been extracted, the Arduino program is trying to use a file from inside the .zip You’re not the first to run into this in recent weeks, we should review the instructions to make it clearer.
To fix this, extract the Firmware-1.15 folder and save it somewhere convenient - Downloads or Documents or home folder, maybe. Then open the cnc_ctrl_v1.ino file from there, and all will be well.
Give that a try and let us know how you make out!

3 Likes

A drunk made failed approach on a tutorial covering too much. A Linux guy breaking his rules to make a short visit into Windows for the first time after 11 years. Hope you can find the ‘Extract’ part.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I looked through the instructions again, and I did see where it said extract file, but I guess I was a little too excited and blew past this.

I extracted all files and tried to download again, but got an error about it not being able to replace files that already existed. I uninstalled and deleted firmware, Arduino and all related files. I reinstalled, extracted, and hit download again. Success! On to the next step…

4 Likes

Good news, thanks for reporting back. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I just had the same problem, thanks for the help from the future.

3 Likes

deleted duplicate post