After I got most of the hardware sorted out, I went ahead and got a trusty old Asus EEE 901 netbook, installed Debian 10.5 Buster, git clone’d the repository, installed python-pip, and tried to get stuff going. Didn’t really succeed. Scipy couldn’t be found and various other things.
Removed most everything python-2.7 related, softlink’d python3 to python, git clone’d the repo again, ran pip3 install -r requirements.txt, executed python main.py et voila, the webpage was reachable. imported my old groundcontrol.ini, used dmesg | grep tty to find out what port the Arduino was connected to, modified it using the web page, and after plugging in the power cord for the motors the motors verified okay. Loaded a NC file, and let the sled move around. Found about the web camera button, pressed it, and all of a sudden the build-in web cam of the netbook came to life and I had a visual of everything going on.
Thank you very much for providing everything. Everything worked really nice, after moving to the python3 packages.
Eventually I will get my Makita router working and will report how the cutting works
Thanks again, and have a great week.