Linkage kits are now available! 🎉

Yes! The files I have are .ai files designed specifically for a laser cutter (so they are not typical CAD) but I’d be happy to share them! I added most of the development updates in the thread throwing my hat in the sled modification ring. But I know that thread is prohibitively long so here are some “chapter markers” for you :slight_smile:

• This is the original concept and also the reason why many people still call it a pantograph (though technically all current versions are double-crank parallelogram four bar linkage mechanisms. I plan to do a short writeup explaining the simple misconception soon)
  • This post sort of explains the different concepts for linkages, this post was made very early on and the diagrams are not to scale at all. But it lists my different original design ideas and most of the criteria that must be met in order to make them function properly. (I’ve since had a few other ideas but haven’t posted them yet).
  • This post has some better diagrams of the 45Ëš version.

Also @dlang put together a relatively comprehensive overview of the triangular vs quadrilateral kinematics issue here:

Hopefully that helps clear it up a little? Perhaps this is not what you were asking…

4 Likes