M4 v0.82 Calibration safety stop after waypoint 2

you can also take a look at this topic

where I created an onshape doc tht has you measure the distances between all the
anchors and it calculates their locations

it’s also worth remembering that the maslow assumes that the bottom two anchors
are a straight line parallel to the workpiece (I don’t know which of your
anchors is the one in the wrong position, but if it’s one of the bottom ones,
the others are in wierd positions relative to that line, so the starting
rectangle would need to be larger than you expect)

David Lang

Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 03:41:51 +0000
notifications@maslowcnc.discoursemail.com
Reply-To: Maslow CNC Forums
incoming+32596cbdd8ab0c099693950f72e69e4b@maslowcnc.discoursemail.com
To: david@lang.hm
Subject: [Maslow CNC] [Troubleshooting] M4 v0.82 Calibration safety stop after
waypoint 2

Thanks for the replies.

I made the frame set more accurate, but I will try as you say @md8n and input the largest w/h values within 5mm and see if that works. I thought I was pretty close on the last one, but then my deviations were different: ~ -28 BL, -107BR. I wasn’t sure if it was remembering any portion of the calibration since it stopped premature.

I’m sure there’s a reason why not (my guess is calibration!!!), but for this initial setup, is it not possible for the process to be retract all > extend to 90% (pad manual extend button for larger setups) > retract belts until equal tension, with a ‘release tension/retract’ feedback loop until all belts have equal tension and extension, creating an essential centre zero from anchors, regardless of square dimensions? Then, Maslow attempts a waypoint that is easy to measure, such as half the sled size on x axis. User inputs the offset from the result (deviation from x and true distance from centre in mm) and Maslow returns to centre. This is repeated four times, one in each axis direction and then leave to calibrate and verify. Or alternatively, taking a picture that includes Maslow and four stickers or strings or squaring markers on the anchor points to estimate shape as well as inputting dimensions? Would help when dealing with portability and not always having the availability o
f a large squared frame.