Maslow 4 manual configuration (onshape doc)

note that if the maslow thinks distances are X and your tape measure says they are Y, the maslow is correct (at least as far as getting good cuts are concerned)

since the current calibration gives different coordinates on different runs of up to a couple of mm, that seems in the same ballpark as the errors of manually reading a tape measure, so I threw together this onshape doc that lets you enter measurements and it shows the frame and calculates the coordinates.

I have you measure both diagonals, and if the measured diagonal and calculated diagonal are not really close to each other (within a couple mm) then you should re-measure until you find what you did wrong. sorry I haven’t been able to make it something you can cut-n-paste directly.

when you open the doc, hit top on the cube in the top right to re-orient the image so you are seeing it square

no onshape account should be needed to see this.

1 Like

If you are looking for more accurate measurements, I’ve updated the tape measure vernier to have a hook to go over anchor pins/bolts

remember, tape measures are not perfect, since 2020, the EU changed their classification system
class 1 ±1.1mm/10m
class 2 ±2.3mm/10m
class 3 ±4.6mm/10m
(prior to that there was a more complex system that had both a fixed and a per meter error restriction) so even if the vernier says you are getting to 0.01mm, you still have the error up to the class rating as well

Do you happen to have a photo that shows how the tape measure vernier is intended to be used?

Bob Craig wrote:

Do you happen to have a photo that shows how the tape measure vernier is intended to be used?

the original topic thread was