Thanks.
I’ve set default operation to Centered profile as a test and rename None to “No operation”.
Oh, and I didn’t want to worry of the speed of my router so I’ve added a simpler way to set the RPM field based on the router dial:
Thanks.
I’ve set default operation to Centered profile as a test and rename None to “No operation”.
Oh, and I didn’t want to worry of the speed of my router so I’ve added a simpler way to set the RPM field based on the router dial:
Thanks for putting the cut Settings Accessible.
Is there any way to set the clearance height?
Hello @ian_ab ,
You can set the clearance in the “Safe Height in mm” option (View → Options).
Default is set to 10mm.
I Archi wrote:
Hello @ian_ab ,
You can set the clearance in the “Safe Height in mm” option (View → Options).
Default is set to 10mm.
with a machine with a slow Z like the maslow, we tend to do 1-2mm
do you have device defintion files/settings (max speed, dimensions, safe height,
etc)
David Lang
Hello David,
In one of her videos, Annah recommended 10mm, but you’re right, it might be overkill.
Max feedrate and machine dimensions can be defined in View → Options.
I Archi wrote:
In one of her videos, Annah recommended 10mm, but you’re right, it might be overkill.
Max feedrate and machine dimensions can be defined in View → Options.
I was thinking in terms of ‘load this profile for the machine’ rather than ‘go
here and set this, go there and set that…’ to make it easier for new users and
help people avoid missing things
David Lang
Thanks for your great job ! It’s what I was dreaming about. I tested a simple design and it looks awsome.
Simple but with all the necessary,
You mention an off line version. Is it already working?
The only feature I’d add, is a way to export and save the drawing in addition to the G code.
As an info There is a project named godSVG written with Godot engine and doing things similar but no CAM.
Have a good day
@dlang She said it explicitly in this video https://forums.maslowcnc.com/t/how-to-generate-gcode-using-krabzcam/. I can change it to 4mm to be safe.
Hey @def,
You can download the offline version directly on my github, especially the `dist` folder: FreazyKam/dist at main · IArchi/FreazyKam · GitHub
You just have to open `index.html` in your browser and everything should just run like if you were on the Internet.
You can already save the drawing. Just click on File → Save to download the project as JSON and File → Open to load one.
I’ve updated the code as it was missing the Cut settings.
I’ve also renamed the menu to be more explicit.
Have fun ![]()
I just got my first project done using FreazyKam with my Maslow - turned out fantastic! I did struggle a bit with the gcode - not sure if this is typical, but the setting that changes arcs from G1 to G2/G3 did not work - the Maslow didn’t recognize G2/G3 as a valid move, kept failing on the first line of the Gcode that called that. It showed the whole project in the Gcode viewer however. Unselecting that option (it was selected as a default, I believe) solved it for me. I’m running the most recent version of the firmware and FluidNC as of this post.
There are some other features/changes I would recommend, but overall this is a REALLY easy and simple way to get going with this machine. I struggled with some of the other available options for CAM toolpaths, I feel like I could use this one all day every day. Thank you so much for making it, let me know if there is anything I can do to help support its continuity for the community.
Nick W wrote:
I just got my first project done using FreazyKam with my Maslow - turned out
fantastic! I did struggle a bit with the gcode - not sure if this is typical,
but the setting that changes arcs from G1 to G2/G3 did not work - the Maslow
didn’t recognize G2/G3 as a valid move, kept failing on the first line of the
Gcode that called that.
There are two different variations of G2/G3 and it may be that only one is
recognized by FluidNC
from the fluidnc wiki
G2 (clockwise), G3 (counter clockwise) Arc or Helical Move at Feed Rate
Center Format Arcs
This is the most common form. It uses a G2 or G3 <center…> <offsets…>
format.
It creates an arc move from the current location to the point determined by the
offsets using the provided center. The x offset is I and y offset is J. If you
provide a Z value it will create a helix move. Add a P parameter for the number
of turns.
G0 X0 Y0
F500
G02 X10 Y10 I0 J10
Copy
This would create a counter clockwise move from (0,0) to (0,10) with the center
at X10, Y10.
Let me know if it would be helpful to upload Gcode and serial logs to tweak this for future functionality. I tried exporting in both FluidNC and GRBL Gcode variants, that didn’t seem to make a difference.
Nick W wrote:
Let me know if it would be helpful to upload Gcode and serial logs to tweak
this for future functionality. I tried exporting in both FluidNC and GRBL
Gcode variants, that didn’t seem to make a difference.
it probably would be useful
David Lang
Hello @NickW737
I’m truely happy you like the project ![]()
I’ve temporary disabled the Arc settings by default to avoid this issue.
I highly suspect the Z parameter as @dlang said.
Could you share the computed GCode that failed ?
Please feel free to share improvements or struggles !
EDIT: I’ve updated the code to handle XYZ IJF for G2/G3 commands.
Could you give it a try ?
I Archi wrote:
I’ve temporary disabled the Arc settings by default to avoid this issue.
This should be a configurable thing, some cnc machines handle arcs well, some
don’t. and I seem to remember from my investigation into gcode that there are
two different formats for how arcs can be defined, some machines handle both,
some only handle one
David Lang
Oh, it’s a misunderstanding then. The Arcs still can be enabled in the GRBL settings. I’ve just changed the default value to not use Arcs. But if users want to use them, they just have to check the box.
Any tips on this Pocket Operation in Freazy KAM? I have the proper pocket operation appearing in MakerCAM (Screenshot attached) but can’t seem to get it to properly pocket between the outer and inner lines of the letters.
For context, I’m planning to cut 1/2" Acrylic and push it through plasma cut aluminum for a sign for a customer. By routing you see as blue in the Maker CAM screenshot not all the way through, I can push the letter through the aluminum and use that shaved down blue area to adhere to the inside of the aluminum. We can then illuminate the acrylic from the back side.
Let me know if I’m missing something!
Freazy Cam looks fun. Haven’t had a lot of time to play with it. As a fast check you could try opening it in to krabzcam I had some good luck there with odd pockets.
Here is an example.
I uploaded this svg which I made in inkscape as an oval and then subtracted the letters from it.
I uploaded it to FreazyCam but it doesn’t seem to work there yet.
FreazyCam looks really fun and was quick and responsive. I need to play more with it.
It did work in Krabzcam as a pocket operation which left the letters and hollowed out the space between them.
I have no idea of your background or expertise, in the spirit of being generally helpful here is what I was thinking In any of the programs if you are working from an SVG sometimes they have well defined interior and exterior regions. I wonder if dropping it back in an SVG editor and seeing if you can make the pocket a filled outline, then taking the edge, unfilled, of that? Just thinking about things I have tried.
This site explains the code behind the SVG filling a shape with a hole in it
but practically I have had to go back to an SVG editor and make the inside loop and outside loop into one path object with the space in-between defined as interior. Subtracting the interior boundary from the exterior works. Filling between and then using the path boundary of the filled region works. I would try that then reload into freazy. If you want to upload your file I could try
Edit, It didn’t work to load the svg with letters in to Freazy or I couldn’t figure it out.
Could you share the SVGs you used ? It could help me to fix these issues.