Maslow 4 open source europe

Hello,

when is it expected to be released the design of maslow 4? to make it yourself? I have calculated purchase price + duties and vat in spain, it is very expensive to buy it for europe. Thank you.

Check here: https://www.maslowcnc.com/source

2 Likes

thanks!

where is possible to sourcing the motors and rest of the parts? and the control module? have some supplier in europe?

Aliexpress would probably be the cheapest place to find component’s

1 Like

Ruben wrote:

where is possible to sourcing the motors and rest of the parts? and the control module? have some supplier in europe?

some of the parts are custom orders (the motors have longer than normal shafts
for example), and the controller boards are custom.

For the controller boards, you would have to either make some similar controlers
with other components, or you would need to order some board to be made

For the other items, you will probably end up adapting something you can find
off-the-shelf and end up with a similar, but not exactly the same, version of
the hardware.

and if you are 3d printing the plastic parts instead of injection molding them,
you will need to adapt the designs (and probably beef some of them up to make
things stiff enough). See some of the early kickstarter videos for examples of
the 3d printed prototypes flexing in ways that are later solved by the injection
molded parts.

This isn’t to say that you can’t do it, it is just a bit more work than ‘order
this list of parts and load these designs into your slicer and 3d print them’

David Lang

1 Like

Do you know the links to buy the electronics parts in aliexpress or similar china web supplier? I am thinking of creating a prototipe maslow 4 from 3d printing with ASA material and the rest of the parts to buy it. my printer for this size (Artillery Sidewinder X2) allows me to print most of the parts, I would only have to outsource the sled.

Is it possible in china or europe to get the control board, motors and belts? @bar or directly buy to yours? Thanks!

1 Like

I’m working on getting all the parts up in our online store right now, we should have the electronics in a couple weeks and hopefully belts later this week.

1 Like

Hello Bar! from Murcia-Spain, soo much thanks!!! for your fast reply! I m very happy to know this!

what are you thinking that print the parts in 3d in ASA material? is enought strong? about 100% of backfill in each part.

thanks! Best regards, Ruben Hernandez.

1 Like

The only material that I found which was close to strong enough is (Prusament PC Blend Carbon Fiber Black 800g | Original Prusa 3D printers directly from Josef Prusa) but even that is not nearly as tough as the molded parts. It’s only really important for the spools and arms which are under a lot of force, everything else could be PLA. We’re planning to sell literally every part individually pretty soon so it would be an option to buy just those molded parts and print the rest if you want.

1 Like

thanks! I will do it, buy the most strong parts and electronics and the rest make in 3d in pla PLA INGEO 3D850 most resistant that simply PLA.

1 Like

I actually just added the belts to the store and I realized that since they come with come with the spools! That should save you from having to print at least one of the parts that really benefits from the stronger plastic.

1 Like

Great! I will wait for the rest of the parts to be published on the web, although I will start making some non-critical parts soon knowing this data, it’s an incredible project.

1 Like

hi bar, I m starting the prints of the parts no critical, what is the critical parts list? like:

• belt spool x 4units
  • Arm Frame x 8units
  • Router clamp x 2units
  • Sled x1units
    -Support riser x 2units

thanks!

1 Like

It’s just the arm frames that I would worry about, everything else is non-critical

1 Like

Ruben Hernandez wrote:

hi bar, I m starting the prints of the parts no critical, what is the critical parts list? like:

• belt spool x 4units
  • Arm Frame x 8units
  • Router clamp x 2units
  • Sled x1units
    -Support riser x 2units

I’m not bar, but here’s my guess

1. the belt spools
  2. whatever holds the rails upright and straight (the sled/towers)

the arms themselves do not see as much stress, except the center part between
the spools and the router

I don’t see the router clamps having a lot of stress, they just hold the router
upright and pass the Z axis forces

David Lang

2 Likes

Hi, finally I m starting to print some parts no critical in ASA (Winkle brand from spain) 25-50%filled.

temperature 245/ 80 bed, 15% fan
Photos attached.