Maslow Create - Alpha Release 🎉

Checked it works as expected.

Internet Explorer doesn’t seem to work, but have only tried on work computer.

I managed to create the penholder solely using maslowcreate saving as svg using molecule then adding routes in makercam.

As a newbie my biggest issue is how to take 3D plans and get the flat layout needed to actually build something. Which is why I created pen holder from scratch.

Input molecule is hard to see the output connection to click to drag to connect. I don’t know why but I usually have to click a molecule a couple times before the values show up allowing me to change them. Kind of intermittent. Maybe I am not waiting long enough. Also input molecule never allows to change when on far left. Drag to center and it works.

I think you are spot on there. That’s the next big thing on the road map. I want to make it so that you can take the 3D drawing and connect it to a “layout” atom which will lay the parts out optimally on a sheet, then you can connect that to a “gcode” atom to generate ready to cut gcode.

The goal is to make it easy for the first person who comes along to do it, and then REALLY easy for the next person who comes along and wants to make the same project, but with a different wood thickness or bit size

Thanks for the tips on these. I’ve seen some weird behavior there as well. I’ll look into what’s going on

This software looks amazing. Is it already complete enough to create rel. simpel objects for cut on the maslow? I looked at the github page and software development seemed to have mostly stopped?

Can it already generate gcode?

Thank you! :grinning:

Development is very much still happening. I try to work on it pretty much every day in some form…there is just so much to be done!

Things are certainly working enough to design simple projects. Svg exporting is pretty stable, gcode hasn’t been done yet but will be done soon-sh

2 Likes

are you to the point that you could output a 3d model that kiri:moto could then
do the CAM on?

I like having everything in one tool, but comparison/competition is good so
having the ability to mix/match CAD/CAM options is good.

David Lang

Yes, absolutely. STL exporting is working too.

1 Like

Hi,

I did an install from the git repo and got warning but no errors. If i start the software i get a login request but nothing happens when i press the button. See image and console errors below:

Unkown category for SetEventRecordingEnabled.

Firefox Monitor: malformed breach entry. Site: {"Name":"PDL","Domain":"","schema":1579730124328,"PwnCount":622161052,"AddedDate":"2019-11-22T20:13:04Z","BreachDate":"2019-10-16","DataClasses":["Email addresses","Employers","Geographic locations","Job titles","Names","Phone numbers","Social media profiles"],"id":"17c60516-6e49-4408-bc82-8f55ef76e47f","last_modified":1580917139624,"_status":"synced"} [FirefoxMonitor.jsm:187](moz-extension://a3ddb254-a0ec-4b81-ad0c-8d257fb3a441/privileged/FirefoxMonitor.jsm)

Ping failure with error: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

[PingCentre.jsm:185](resource:///modules/PingCentre.jsm)

Error: Cannot find module './molecules/regularpolygon.js' [flowDraw.bundle.js:173835:87](http://localhost:3000/js/flowDraw.bundle.js)

Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key=“r” modifiers=“accel,alt” id=“key_toggleReaderMode” [browser.xul](chrome://browser/content/browser.xul)

Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key=“i” modifiers=“accel,alt,shift” id=“key_browserToolbox” [browser.xul](chrome://browser/content/browser.xul)

1585809251439 app.normandy.recipe-runner WARN Could not fetch implementation for branched-addon-study: TypeError: url is null

1585809251440 app.normandy.recipe-runner WARN Could not fetch implementation for multi-preference-experiment: TypeError: url is null

1585809251440 app.normandy.recipe-runner WARN Could not fetch implementation for addon-rollout: TypeError: url is null

1585809251440 app.normandy.recipe-runner WARN Could not fetch implementation for addon-rollback: TypeError: url is null

1585809496578 addons.repository ERROR Error in addon metadata check: GET https://services.addons.mozilla.org/api/v3/addons/compat-override/?guid=langpack-en-ZA%40firefox.mozilla.org%2Clangpack-en-CA%40firefox.mozilla.org%2Clangpack-en-GB%40firefox.mozilla.org%2Cdefault-theme%40mozilla.org%2Cfirefox-compact-light%40mozilla.org%2Cfirefox-compact-dark%40mozilla.org&lang=en-US failed [Log.jsm:679](resource://gre/modules/Log.jsm)

update.locale file doesn't exist in either the application or GRE directories

[UpdateUtils.jsm:138](resource://gre/modules/UpdateUtils.jsm)

1585809496594 addons.productaddons WARN Failed downloading XML, status: 0, reason: error

1585809496596 addons.productaddons WARN Failed downloading XML, status: 0, reason: error

1585809496605 addons.productaddons WARN Failed downloading via XHR, status: 0, reason: error

1585809496605 addons.xpi ERROR Failed to download system add-on gmp-gmpopenh264: Error: Failed downloading via XHR, status: 0, reason: error(resource://gre/modules/addons/ProductAddonChecker.jsm:311:16) JS Stack trace: fail@ProductAddonChecker.jsm:311:16 [Log.jsm:679](resource://gre/modules/Log.jsm)

1585809496606 addons.productaddons WARN Failed downloading via XHR, status: 0, reason: error

1585809496606 addons.xpi ERROR Failed to download system add-on gmp-widevinecdm: Error: Failed downloading via XHR, status: 0, reason: error(resource://gre/modules/addons/ProductAddonChecker.jsm:311:16) JS Stack trace: fail@ProductAddonChecker.jsm:311:16 [Log.jsm:679](resource://gre/modules/Log.jsm)

1585809496606 addons.manager WARN Failed to update system addons: Error: Rejecting updated system add-on set that either could not be downloaded or contained unusable add-ons.(resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIInstall.jsm:3460:13) JS Stack trace: updateSystemAddons@XPIInstall.jsm:3460:13

NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIInterfaceRequestor.getInterface]

[network-response-listener.js:73](resource://devtools/server/actors/network-monitor/network-response-listener.js)

1585809613732 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-ZA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809613733 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-CA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809613734 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-GB@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809613741 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-ZA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809613741 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-CA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809613741 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-GB@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

Error: Cannot find module './molecules/regularpolygon.js' [flowDraw.bundle.js:173835:87](http://localhost:3000/js/flowDraw.bundle.js)

1585809729449 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-ZA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809729450 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-CA@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

1585809729451 addons.xpi-utils WARN Add-on langpack-en-GB@firefox.mozilla.org is not compatible with application version.

Ah interesting. Was this through launching it using npm start in the home directory?

If you just want to model things and not do software development work there is an easier way. You can simply go to www.maslowcreate.org to access the hosted version :grin:

Also, for anyone else who is following along I’ve not got one link project sharing working with decomposing a project into its flat components which are laid out (not optimally yet) on a sheet which can be downloaded as a .svg file.

Check out the interactive version here (adjust the numbers on the left): https://maslowcreate.org/run/?182022403

It looks like this once it loads:

4 Likes

Yes, i did use npm start in the installation directory.

Two years later I’m still working on this :roll_eyes:

Basically the hang up was that computational geometry can’t be done with floating point numbers. Computers represent decimal numbers imprecisely which turns out to be a real issue when you need to answer questions like “is this shape exactly touching this other shape”. Fortunately that all seems to be coming together :crossed_fingers:.

Modeling shapes is now mostly working, but taking those shapes and transforming them into something which can be made is still a work in progress. Up next is generating gcode from a shape, laying out shapes on a sheet efficiently, and unfolding curved shapes.

If anyone wants to give it a try (www.maslowcreate.org) here’s how it works.

Right clicking and dragging in the upper part of the window will pull up the menu to place a new ‘atom’. Atoms are the smallest part of a design like basic shapes (circle or square) or actions (rotate, move…etc).

Clicking on a placed atom will display it’s graphical representation and options below:

Atoms can be strung together to create more complex designs:

To simplify a design on the screen and isolate parts of a design ‘molecules’ can be used to hold multiple atoms:

Double click on a molecule to enter it:

Honestly it’s not all that useful yet, but hopefully soon I’ll start adding useful features to generate gcode and the like.

Also it only works in Chrome at the moment :warning:

2 Likes